Trident Services Australia’s (Trident) highly trained personnel use evidence based preventative infectious control equipment, products, and systems.
Our first-line approach to infection prevention and minimising the spread of infections include hand hygiene, personal protective equipment, and cleaning. These standard precautions minimise the risk of transmission of infectious agents from one person or place to another, and render and maintain objects and areas as free as possible from infectious agents.
However, these precautions require enhancing when higher risks infectious agents are present i.e., Covid-19.
In response to the pandemic, Trident enhanced its normal cleaning activities through detailed Infection Control Programs and use of Therapeutic Drug Administration (TGA) approved chemicals and products, where applicable.
Hand Hygiene and Safety Program
Trident recognises the unique challenge in the prevention of spread or transmission of infections from surfaces and people, and has developed processes and practices to mitigate associated risks including:
Hand Hygiene Stations
Trident can provide Hand Hygiene stations in strategic locations across your facilities. Suggested locations may include food preparation and servery or dining areas, entry points, outside of bathroom locations and areas such as promenades, foyers, or children’s play areas.
This is achieved through provision of:
- Additional hand-washing facilities and soap dispensers
- Alcohol based sanitiser stations (60% + Alcohol Based)
- Hot spot risk assessment and cleaning
- Reporting and tracking of infectious agent symptoms in Trident’s Incident Management module of Trident-TEK’s Enterprise Risk Program.
Preventative Hot Spot or Touch Point Cleaning Treatment (high traffic area touch points)
Trident has secured supply of OxyVir, and OxyVir TB (TGA Approved and Registered Hospital Grade) disinfection products including protective wipes, chemical concentrates, and ready to spray options.
Studies suggest that coronaviruses (including preliminary information on the COVID-19 virus) may persist on surfaces for a few hours or up to several days. This may vary under different conditions e.g., type of surface, temperature, or humidity of the environment.
Oxivir® Disinfectant Cleaners provide an alternative to traditional disinfectants by delivering fast acting, broad spectrum disinfection with enhanced cleaning power that is user friendly while being gentle on most surfaces. The active ingredient, hydrogen peroxide, breaks down into environmentally friendly water and oxygen just minutes after use.
- Registered One-Step Hospital Grade Disinfectant Cleaner
- Oxivir TB Wipes and Oxivir TB disinfectants are intended for the cleaning and disinfecting of healthcare environmental surfaces.
- Delivers fast, effective cleaning and disinfection
- Kills bacteria and viruses in just one minute
Internationally being used in COVID-19 risk management disinfectant cleans approved by TGA in Australia and widely used in our healthcare systems and approved internationally by numerous Centres for Disease Control
Cleaning Provision includes:
- Employed local staff with appropriate training to conduct touch point management
- OxyVir or similar consumable product throughout duration of program
- Provision of Site Hotspot risk assessment.
Clorox Preventative Site Disinfection
Trident has procured Clorox Total 360 electrostatic sprayers to assist with preventative large area cleaning for infectious agents.
When paired with an innovative electrostatic sprayer with Total 360® Disinfectant Sanitizing Spray, it delivers superior coverage in an efficient, cost-effective way.
Currently used in medical, aviation and retail environments Clorox:
- Kills 99.9 per cent of bacteria in five seconds
- Provides one-step disinfecting
- Eliminates odours
- Sanitises hard and soft surfaces including entry mats, carpets/rugs, furniture pods, curtains, and all other soft surfaces.
- Is used internationally in infectious agent cleaning control as a preventative disinfectant.